Live-Aboard Program Staff (posted 2015-01-28)
The overnight Live-Aboard program is accepting applications to join our crew from qualified individuals.
Our program mission is to educate and inspire while sharing the legacy of the USS Hornet with over 10,000 participants each year! Job responsibilities include greeting and welcoming program guests, giving directions, maintaining safety of guests while aboard, interpreting various tour locations for guests and educating them about the ship’s history, and providing guidance when necessary.
Qualifications needed include being comfortable with public speaking, enjoying interacting with a diversity of guests, including children, and an interest in military history or science and technology.
This position requires the ability to see, hear, and lift objects of up to 15 pounds, ability to climb steep stairs, and reasonable fitness for mobility on a ship. Part-time positions available. Applicants must be available weekend evenings.
Staff Accountant (posted 1/27/2015)
The USS Hornet Museum is seeking a Full-Time Staff Accountant to join
the Finance Department.
- Responsible for full-cycle daily Accounting Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables
- General Ledger Entries
- Account Reconciliations
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Month End Close Processes
- Assist CFO in Annual Fiscal Budget & Year End Audit
Education / Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years of solid accounting experience as a Staff Accountant
- Experience working with Non-Profit environment is preferred but not required
- Minimum 4-Year Degree in Accounting or other related field
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate to Advanced practical Microsoft Excel Skills
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint and Quickbooks
- Strong organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
- Able to meet Deadlines and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you are ready for a change, looking for an opportunity / challenge, and would like to be a part of a growing Finance team aboard the USS Hornet Museum, we would like to meet with you.
Send your resume along with your salary requirements to:
No phone calls please.
Visitor / Sales Associates (posted 1/27/2015)
The USS Hornet Museum is seeking part-time, on-call basis Visitor / Sales Associates to work in our Admissions Department, Ship Store and operate our simulator rides.
We are looking for a few good people who enjoy working with the general public greeting and interacting with our visitors that can provide excellent customer service, and work in our retail operations of the Ship Store.
You must be a team player, with a “can do” attitude, able to work weekends,
some evenings and during patriotic holidays.
If you are interested in working aboard the USS Hornet Museum,
send your resume to Hornetjobs@uss-hornet.org.
No phone calls please.
Volunteer Positions Available
Overnight Live-Aboard Program
Contact: Volunteers at (510) 521-8448 x 243 or Email: Volunteers@uss-hornet.org