Ship Rental for Military Ceremonies
The USS Hornet Museum is proud to support the United States Armed Forces by making available event space rentals for the following military ceremonies:
- Changes of Command
Fees are nominal and may vary depending on the set-up requirements and group size.
Military Event Specifications & Rental Rates
- Military ceremonies will be held in our Hangar Bay 3, if available, at any time between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm.
- For a basic $500 donation, the fee includes admission for a provided guest list of up to 50 people with sound system set-up, chairs, and two (2) 6' tables. Additional guests will be charged at the rate of $12 each up to 100 guests. For larger groups, other set-up requirements, and special requests, additional fees may be incurred. This will be determined after a consultation with the Museum representative while making reservations.
- These ceremonies are open to the public for viewing. The presiding officer and Color Guard (if any) are not included in your guest count and would receive complimentary admission to the Museum.
- These ceremonies can be held any day of the week and on weekends but are subject to relocation for private event rentals. Private ceremonies/receptions in any of our locations are charged at the regular rental rate of $1,500–$7,500 minus a 20% military discount.
- Arrival to set up and rehearse is permitted at 10:00am. The labor rate for load in/load out using the scissor lift for any equipment, if needed, is an additional $130 and must be completed between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- Light refreshments are permitted but not provided by the Museum. This includes cakes, deli-trays, sandwiches, etc. Coffee, tea, water, and soft drinks are acceptable beverages. The Museum can help make arrangements with a caterer if desired. Insurance indemnity is not required. NOTE: The public is not welcome to military reception refreshments.
Reservations are required. Contact Hornet Events at (510) 521-8448 x 282
Active or retired military personnel can have a flag raised over HORNET to commemorate a special occasion. This is also a terrific way for family members to honor former crew.
Please send your contact information, an appropriate flag with grommets and/or fasteners, a return envelope, and a donation check addressed to "ACHF".
The requested donation is $50 to cover service, certificate of authenticity, and return postage.
Send your flag to:
Flag Service c/o Keith Farley
USS Hornet Museum
PO Box 460
Alameda, CA 94501
Please allow a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks for return delivery. A certificate authenticating the day your flag was flown on the ship will be included.
If you prefer to drop your flag off at the USS Hornet or would like to make special arrangements, please contact:
Keith Farley at (510) 521-8448 x 257 or email email@example.com