Morning Admiral Tours
Beat the crowds and receive a special tour of areas on board HORNET that have not yet been opened to the public or have limited access during the day:
- Combat Information Center (CIC)
- Message Center (Radio Central)
- Forward Diesel Machine Room
- Ship’s Main Laundry
- Special Weapons Storage & Work Space
- Catapult Machinery Room
- Cobbler Shop
- Dental Spaces
Following the guided tour, explore the rest of the museum on your own. (The guided portion of the tour lasts at least three hours and may vary from the above itinerary.)
Admiral Tours are usually held the third Saturday of the month.
$35.00 per adult ($30 for members – please bring your membership card for verification). Advance payment required.
Gift Certificates are available.
Information and Reservations
Reservations can be placed on-line HERE, or contact the Ticket Office at:
(510) 521-8448 x 224.
- This guided tour begins at 8:30am in the morning and runs at least three hours, after which visitors may remain on the ship for the rest of the day.
- Everybody must bring their own flashlight; HORNET does not supply individual lights.
- Cameras are welcome, but must have a neck strap.
- Tour participants must wear comfortable shoes. Heels and open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- Tour participants must be in good physical health as there will be lots of walking and climbing.
- Due to safety reasons, children 12 and under are not allowed on Admiral Tours.
- Tour space is limited to 18 people.
- The USS Hornet reserves the right to cancel a tour if less than 8 people sign up. Tours may be rescheduled or a refund will be issued.