2nd Veterans Job & Resource Fair
Thursday, November 9, 2017
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
In honor of Veterans Day 2017, the USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum is hosting a job fair for veterans, military spouses and active military soon to be transitioning to civilian jobs. This event is an opportunity to meet face-to-face with top Bay Area-located companies from a cross-section of industries ready to hire.
The Veterans Job Fair not only offers access to top Bay Area businesses but also valuable veteran resources. The following organizations will be attending:
- Alameda County Registrar of Voters
- Alameda County Workforce Investment Board
- Alameda One Stop Career Center
- Berkeley Food & Housing Project
- East Oakland Community Project
- Farmer Veteran Coalition
- Jewish Vocational Services
- Oakland PIC
- Oakland Vet Center
- Operation Dignity
- San Francisco Veteran’s Center
- Social Security Administration
- State of California Employment Development Department
- Swords to Plowshares
- U.S. Army
- Volunteers of America Veteran Services
- Work for Warriors
Top Bay Area businesses have booths at the job fair. Below are the businesses currently confirmed.
- AEC Living
- Alameda Municipal Power
- Alameda Police Department
- Alameda Unified School District
- Artech Information Systems
- Bank of America
- Career Education Chancellors Office
- College of Alameda
- Divine Home Care
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Engineer of Fire
- First Student
- Genesis Protective Services
- Ghilotti Brothers, Inc.
- Golden Gate University
- Holy Names University
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Kaiser Permanente
- Michael’s Transportation
- Mission Linen Supply
- New Seasons Market
- Northeastern University
- Northern California Surveyors JAC
- Office Libations
- Operation Engineers Local Union #3
- Peet’s Coffee
- Peterson Cat
- Plant Construction Company
- The Raytom Group
- Securitas Security Services
- Sheet Metal Workers 104 JATC
- Snelling Staffing Services
- The Wine Group
- United Airlines
- VF Outdoor
Free For Veterans
Bring copies of your resume, pens and confirmation of your registration. Registering is important for prompt on-boarding and to give us an accurate head count for refreshments. Your registration provides an opportunity to tour the ship in between seeing recruiters.
USS Hornet Museum is a restored WWII-era aircraft carrier. This fair takes place on the Hangar Deck with possible workshops or services on a lower deck. The lower deck is only accessible via a ladder so do write in advance if you have accessibility needs so we can accommodate in advance as best as possible.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
I.D. required to match name on registration. Bring your VA or military card, form DD214, just in case an employer or service provider asks. You may register at the door but we strongly encourage advance registration so we know you are attending. No age limit.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Free parking lot in front of the ship, including many handicap stalls. Located at the former Naval Air Station (now Alameda Point). More transportation options will be coming soon.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Outreach@uss-hornet.org. For more information about the museum, visit www.uss-hornet.org. Hornet will also have a Veterans Day service on November 11th. Join us if you can.
We encourage you to dress professionally, but not required. If planning to explore other parts of the ship beyond the Hangar Deck, we discourage wearing open toe shoes and heels for your safety as reaching those decks or levels will require using a ladder.
Reserve your booth today at this special recruiting opportunity to meet and interview veterans, active military and their spouses aboard a historic naval aircraft carrier in Alameda, CA.
USS Hornet, a National and State Historic Landmark, is a unique venue for your recruiting needs. Participating in this job fair demonstrates your company’s commitment to hiring veterans, helping active military transition to civilian jobs and their spouses who also need new jobs when transferred to a new location.
For-Profit Company $600
Government Agency $400
Veteran/Women/Minority Owned Small Business $300
Non-Profit Organization/School/Alameda Business $150
Veterans Organizations FREE
Booth Fee includes:
- a 6’ table and 2 chairs
- lunch for 2-4 recruiters
- morning coffee & pastries
- break room
- interview space
- access to explore the ship (including docent-led tours)
- listing in the fair’s Event Guide
- pre-event publicity and job postings
- Wi-fi is available but limited due to being on a steel warship built in 1943 (recommended to bring your own hot spot and extra cell/laptop battery packs, if possible)
- providing lunch and refreshments for job seekers as well
- ability to ship materials to Hornet ahead of time (Hornet must know in advance)
- free parking
Set-up: 8-10 AM. Tear down: 2-5 PM. Tear down is a great time to tour the ship.